JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
- Provides individual and group counseling, therapeutic intervention, and educational lectures to patients and family members to assist them in recognizing problems and causal factors related to substance abuse and developing alternative/coping behaviors.
- Develops, revises, and implements treatment plans in cooperation with patients to assist them in remaining substance-free and coming with social, marital, legal, financial, and/or employment problems.
- Performs assessments of patients’ needs, motivations, and backgrounds; prepares substance abuse bio-psycho-social/assessment summaries.
- Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to develop and implement treatment plans.
- Establishes follow-up care for patients by making and setting up referrals such as psychological or medical services, support groups counseling, sober living housing, and/or vocational training as needed.
- Develops patient progress reports and evaluations according to Valley Hope policy and program requirements.
- Provides clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help support patients in their recovery.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Required: minimum amounts of education or experience required to qualify for the job.
• LADC License or credential to function as an alcohol and drug treatment counselor in the state in which the Counselor is working.
• One (1) year of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
Preferred: desired qualifications of a candidate for the job
• Three (3) plus years of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, education or social work.
• CPR certification.
Licensed Addiction Counselor I Licensed Substance Abuse Professional Full time per year <strong>JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES</strong>: T<em>he following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job but is not an exhaustive list. The Organizat