Our office is committed to the community, serving families, individuals, employers and employees in the area of mental health and substance abuse. We are wanting to expand our team and are in search of an (P)L(I)MHP, Ph.D or PLP to join us. Being dually credentialed is a plus. The right candidate will have an active licensure and be willing to advance their work knowledge by participating in continuing education, and seeking ongoing development opportunities. Professionalism and timeliness in clinical record keeping is essential in this role, as well as communicating with collaborating agencies that are also working with your clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The ability to hold effective therapeutic relationships with clients and/or families who are experiencing a variety of complex substance abuse and/or mental health issues
- Able to guide transformation through collaboration
- Teach individuals coping skills and how to modify their behavior with the intention of full recovery.
- Maintains active and consistent communication with current and potential referral sources in the community to ensure continuity of care for clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of ethics and confidentiality laws as they apply to the field of substance abuse and mental health.
- Ability to facilitate group and individual counseling sessions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with healthcare team members and diverse populations.
- Ability to supervise and mentor students in counseling methods and protocols
- Ability to prioritize work demands.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Having knowledge and skills in cognitive-behavioral therapy is a plus.
PLMHP, LMHP, LIMHP, PH.D, PLP, PLADC, LADC