Nature of Work
Provides professional counseling to students on academic and personal matters. Provides individual and group therapy and counseling. Responsible for vocational testing and assessment, program development and evaluation and outreach activities. Consults with academic departments and student affairs departments. May be involved in crisis prevention, or aiding with adjustment problems after a major life event. Maintains confidential records.
Examples of Work Performed
1. Provide short term personal counseling to students individually or in groups covering a wide variety of topics.
2. Conduct outreach educational workshops in classes and residence halls on mental health, academic, or career topics as requested.
3. Provide crisis intervention when needed.
4. Promote positive environment for students from diverse backgrounds.
5. Coordinates and/or conducts testing for assigned national test. Maintains test security for assigned test.
6. Serves as advisor to campus organizations as requested.
7. Develop and maintains records for each student served.
8. Serve on campus-wide committees as time and interests allows.
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field and four years of experience.
• Mental health practitioner’s license in Nebraska.
• Experience in a college counseling setting is preferred.
• Strong counseling skills and the ability to work cooperatively with the Counseling Center team and knowledge of a variety of computer programs.
Mental health practitioner’s license in Nebraska is required.