Are you looking to join a team of dedicated staff and provide quality services to children/youth and families? Consider Paradigm, Inc. for a position on our team as an MST Therapist in Omaha.
Therapist with mental health clinical training and experience will implement Multisystemic Therapy (MST), a well-researched community-based treatment model directed at youth involved in criminal activity and their families. MST Therapist duties include assessment, treatment, and collaboration with families, youth, and community agency staff. Therapist will function as part of an MST team and will participate in weekly team supervision and consultation. Must be available to provide periodic on-call 24-hour coverage. Specific experience in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Structural Family Therapy, Strategic Family Therapy and behaviorally-based treatments preferred. Master’s in a mental health field required. Mental health license in the state of Nebraska preferred; provisional mental health license in the state of Nebraska accepted.
Major Responsibilities and Related Tasks
- Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
- Provide person-centered practice by demonstration of the Paradigm C.A.R.E.S. model through collaboration, affirmation, respect, empathy, and support.
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcome review and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
- Commits to working non-traditional hours with flexibility to meet family needs and be available for 24-7 on-call coverage
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the 9 MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout MST treatment.
- Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
- Participate in all MST training, supervision and consultation activities.
Client Information System
- Provide necessary client information to referring agency, MST services, and the client.
- Maintain appropriate professional files electronically which will provide all necessary documentation regarding the client.
Team / Supervision Meetings
- Participate in case management meetings to coordinate necessary services.
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings with the Clinical Supervisor. (Paradigm will provide a licensed supervisor for people with counseling psychology degrees and social workers will be supervised by a licensed clinical social worker).
Education Requirement: Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or a related subject area with the ability to obtain mental health license in the state of Nebraska (preferred); provisional mental health license in the state of Nebraska (accepted).
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e. structural, strategic and functional) family therapies
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
- Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e. family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Family systems theory and application
- Social ecological theory and application
- Behavioral therapies theory and application
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application
- Pragmatic family therapies theory and application
- Child development research and its application in treatment
- Social skills assessment and intervention
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office