School Based Mental Health Therapist
CRCC is looking for a dedicated, qualified Full-Time School Based Mental Health Therapist who will be responsible for providing individual, family and group therapy to assigned clients in outpatient and school-based settings.
CRCC Mission and Values:
CRCC is a local non-profit organization dedicated to providing comprehensive services to children with special needs to help them reach their highest potential. CRCC values Quality Care for Children, Family Involvement, and Staff Excellence. CRCC’s work environment is energetic and team-oriented.
- Provides direct mental health services, individual/family/group therapy, to include initial diagnostic interview and assessment and crisis interventions to assigned clients to meet their emotional and developmental needs.
- Therapist will be available to clients and will schedule sessions with consideration of academic schedules including consideration of sports, activities, and club responsibilities.
- Creates and implements treatment plans that are developmentally appropriate, strength-based, skill-oriented, and family-driven.
- Works collaboratively with parents/guardians, staff members, and members of the client's treatment team.
- Provides consultation services to the school staff to support the overall mental health goals of the school and client as appropriate and as needed.
- Keep Behavior Health Director and school administration up to date on all crisis situations with clients.
- Adhere to the policies, procedures, and regulations by governing and licensing bodies for the services being delivered.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries and confidentiality with clients and families.
- The physical location of this position is within the local school district.
- Travel between schools may be required.
- This is a school year position only.
- Licensed as an Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP) in state of Nebraska active and in good standing.
- Two years of clinical experience working with youth and families required; experience working with clients with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement individualized behavioral intervention programs and family-centered, strength based services.
- Ability to meet agency’s conditions of employment regarding health status and clearance with the Nebraska Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry, criminal history check, and various other agencies depending on specific job responsibilities.
- Ability to write material in comprehensive form.
- Knowledge of community resources.
Online applications can also be found on our website: http://crccomaha.org/who-we-are/careers.html
Children’s Respite Care Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V