This position is responsible for completing various client and administrative duties including insurance verification, facilitating the intake process into behavioral health programs, data entry, and client record management. Provides additional administrative support to the program and other areas of the agency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Intake- Gathers, organizes and enters client information into the Agency's data base. Provides information about Agency programs and referrals when needed. Admits clients into applicable services including obtaining initial authorization for services when needed.
- Insurance Verification- Collects, documents and verifies financial information and/or insurance/payer benefits prior to client's initial scheduled visit. Assesses payment/fees for new clients and assists with requesting payment arrangements if needed. Obtains applicable pre-certifications and/or authorizations for new clients. Initiates a "financial" file with all appropriate documentation needed for admission.
- Schedules clients for on-going appointments and makes reminder calls prior to appointments.
- Records Management- Ensures records are organized and stored securely. Assists with Agency PQI processes. Processes requests for client records and releases records according to Federal regulations and Agency standards.
- Administrative Support- Provides administrative support to the program as well as other areas of the Agency.
- Reliable attendance is an expectation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Skills in organization, interpersonal relations, and effective verbal and written communications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with detail and accuracy, and to work with a diverse and challenging client group.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required. Proficiency using various software programs required including Razors Edge, Tier, Askesis, and Advanced MD.
- Skill in managing a multi-line switchboard.
Ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI)/Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This position has access to PHI/PII and is limited under the minimum necessary rule to the amount of information necessary to perform assigned duties.
Required of All Positions:
- Knowledge and support of Catholic Charities' purpose, mission, vision, values, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge and support of the Catholic Charities Compliance Program requirements including- but not limited to- the Code of Ethics, the Compliance Policy, and all relevant compliance procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 4 year degree preferred