At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Provides crisis intervention and support to survivors of trafficking.
- *Must be ok with rotating on-call shifts to ensure 24/7 coverage of service if needed.
- *Demonstrates a high degree of crisis intervention skills while working with a diverse clientele.
- *Works in close collaboration with law enforcement and other social service organizations as it pertains to survivors.
- *Assists the survivor in identification of strengths, needs and goals. Develops an individualized stability plan in cooperation with the survivor. Monitor and evaluate program participant progress.
- *Provides case management and advocacy services related to meeting the service needs of program participants and helping them obtain self-sufficiency.
- *Provide client transportation in personal and agency vehicles.
- *Demonstrates knowledge of current community and Heartland Family Service programs and resources to meet client needs.
- *Accurately and thoroughly complete all required paperwork and data entry per agency policies and funding guidelines and within prescribed timelines.
- *Participate in weekly team meetings with HFS program staff.
- *Work is completed in client homes, homeless shelters, office space, and other non-traditional settings. Ensure safety and security measures for in-home/outreach services are followed.
- *In town travel is required, includes use of personal vehicle.
- Completes all required monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for quality improvement and grant purposes.
- *Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- * Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- *Is able to work both independently, with little supervision, and as a part of a team.
- *Able to establish regularity and dependability in scheduling all appointment and accuracy in reports and statistics.
- Displays a courteous and caring attitude at all times to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency.
- Abides by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
- Cooperates and collaborates with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Develops personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Is able to develop positive working relationships with clients, referral sources, service agencies, and others encountered in the course of work.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 years experience in social services or related field
- Valid Drivers License and acceptable driving record
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.