Lutheran Family Services of NE is seeking a part time APRN, PA or Nurse Practitioner to provide psychiatric consultations, assessments and treatment to LFS clients. This professional will provide clinical services encompassed by the scope of practice as defined in the Nurse Practitioner Act or Nebraska Statute 38-2047. The program clientele benefit from additional onsite services and community support specialists to work with clients in their homes and community to be more successful in their recovery efforts.
This position works daylight hours only, no on-call duties, no weekends!
Monday-Thursday 8a-6p, Friday 8a-12p.
Earned vacation up to 4 weeks, paid holidays, partial licensure coverage.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide diagnosis and treatment of patients in need of psychiatry services when requested by the patient’s attending physician or in accordance with established policies of LFS.
• Provide clinical consultation services to referring counselors regarding psychiatry services.
• Provide medication management including both initial pharmacological treatment and follow-up evaluation of therapeutic and side effects of psychotropic medications.
• Act in accordance with the Code of Ethics.
Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatric
• Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Nebraska
• Master’s degree in Nursing from a school acknowledged by the State of Nebraska Department of Human Services
• National certification in the area of specialty
• 30 contact hours of pharmacotherapeutics
Physician Assistant – Clinical
• Bachelor's degree from a PA training program certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) and the board
• Completed proficiency exam
• Approved by the Board and DHHS to perform medical services under supervision of a physician or group of physicians approved by the board to supervise a Physician Assistant
• Current collaborative agreement with at least one psychiatrist