Our mission at Lutheran Family Services is to provide quality human care services that build and strengthen individual, family and community life. Our vision is safety, hope and well-being for all people.
To fulfill this mission, we are seeking a therapist to provide therapeutic and educational services to individuals, groups and families including young children and adult family members
The essential duties of the therapist will be to:
- Maintain direct service unit expectations (full-time = 968 units per year).
- Provide counseling to individuals, couples and families in order to effect change for growth and healing.
- Establish and lead therapeutic groups for specific problem areas.
- Design and deliver educational/therapeutic workshops, classes or programs to meet the identified needs of groups.
- Assume responsibility for building and maintaining a referral base and caseload.
- Provide on-call services on a rotational basis as required by program.
- Maintain accurate, written clinical records of services provided per established agency/COA standards.
- Collect client fees and ensure services have prior authorization.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in a human service program which provided preparation for professional counseling
- Licensed as a mental health practitioner in the State of Nebraska, LMHP or LIMHP preferred
- Experience working with children and families impacted by child sexual abuse and with very young children preferred
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for Agency business
- Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services
therapist, behavioral health, clinical, licensed therapist, LICSW, LIMHP, LADC, mental health, substance abuse, treatment, children, families