POSITION SUMMARY: The Behavioral Health Therapist (BHT) is a part of the primary care treatment team. BHT will welcome, inspire and provide hope within a safe environment since “every door is the right door”. The BHT identifies triages and manages patients with behavioral health problems. In addition, the Behavioral Health Therapist II will provide quality mental health interventions for diverse populations. The BHT will develop specific behavioral change plans for patients and behavioral health protocols for target populations. In addition have the ability and flexibility to treat patients across the CDHC enterprise regardless of age, economic status, gender, gender choice, ethnicity and or race.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist primary health care providers in recognizing and treating mental disorders and psychosocial problems.
- Assess the clinical status of patients referred
- Completes clinical documentation according to policies and procedures (CDHC and DHHS 206 regulations)
- Work with primary care team to treat and manage patients with chronic emotional and/or mental health problems
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and the development of relapse plans to prevent further psychological or physical complications
- Attend and participate in required meeting and activities
- Serve as a trustworthy member of the Behavioral Health Team
- Abide by State and Federal guidelines as it pertains to code of ethics, code of conduct, billing submission and therapeutic relationships
- Work diligently and professionally with internal and external partners
- Work effectively and efficiently with the adolescent population, their families and other identified members
- Comfortable with use of Windows operating system ( Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Other duties as assigned.