This position contributes to the fulfillment of Thayer County Health Services vision and mission by being responsible for insuring that the psychosocial needs of patients referred to this office are addressed through whatever means is available. Plans, organizes, and implements social work services to patients and families.
SUPERVISION: Reports Chief Nursing Officer
SHIFT: Full-Time, Exempt, Days
- Visits all patients once during hospitalization displaying a caring and willingness to assist, if desired.
- Assists nursing staff in identifying those concerns which can be addressed with appropriate interventions, and documenting same.
- Begin discharge planning early in the hospitalization for those patients requiring advance reparation prior to discharge from the hospital; such telephone contacts with nursing homes, health agencies or other services. Coordinates care plan meetings for patients/families when hospital stays are greater than 24 hours.
- Develops and maintains a current file on available community resources.
- Actively works with utilization review, and with medical staff as a resource person for alternative services when necessary.
- Maintains effective working relationships with community services.
- Acts as a resource person in bereavement of patients and staff.
- Services as liaison between community, patients, and administrator when indicated.
- Attends Director meetings and Quality Improvement meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in Quality Assurance, committees where needed, attends in-service programs, meetings and educational workshops.
- Inputs data into facility incident reporting system for compliance monitoring and quality improvement.
- Attends daily morning interdisciplinary rounds and documents in the EHR in absence of Quality Improvement RN.
- Performs other duties as assigned.