The Outreach Coordinator position will be developing and implementing an effective outreach program focused on reaching and serving our primary rural communities. This person will also provide crisis intervention and advocacy support to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Other responsibilities include recruiting, training, and coordinating direct service volunteers to assist with victim services for rural clients. Primary focus will be reaching out to rural communities in our service area (Cedar, Dakota, Dixon, Thurston, and Wayne). The Outreach Coordinator reports to and is under the supervision of the SA/DV Supervisor.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Haven House, Amy Munderloh, PO Box 44, Wayne, NE 68787 or e-mail me email@example.com
65% of time is spent on providing crisis intervention and advocacy support to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Provide crisis line support services on rotation with other agency staff (includes evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Provide access to agency services based on needs assessment of individual client
- Provide supportive listening and agency referrals.
- Provide advocacy services for shelter residents
- Conduct safety planning, case management and complete all forms (provision of services, confidentiality, etc.) and service records on all client contacts as required
- Conduct follow-up with all clients (ONLY when safe to do so).
- Recruit, train, and coordinate direct service volunteers to assist with victim services in our rural communities
25% Conduct outreach programs targeting our rural service areas
- Design and implement an annual outreach plan designed to reach and serve victims from rural areas
- Provide training and assistance to all agency staff on the implementation of the outreach plan to address gaps in service to rural areas
- Develop and distribute agency materials in our rural areas.
- Coordinate direct service volunteers to assist with outreach activities
- Conduct activities focused on reaching rural populations (targeting area schools, service providers, churches, community organizations, etc).
- Promote awareness of victim services via news releases, PSA’s, and the distribution of materials to victim service agencies, churches, community organizations, and social media (Facebook)
- Maintain agency’s Facebook page.
- Distribute agency materials on victim services
- Coordinate direct service volunteers to assist with awareness activities
5% of time will be spent on records management.
- Prepare reports for the agency’s respective funding source
- Enter all client and statistical records in our data base as required.
- Complete case management and service records on all client contacts
- Emphasis on clear, concise, and accurate records
- Meet the reporting deadlines as prescribed by agency and grant contracts
5% of time is spent on program planning and development
- Assist the Executive Director with program planning by formulating an annual outreach plan for rural areas
- Identify gaps in service within systems (internal & external)
- Propose new ideas and methods for enhancing current programs and new program development.
- Keep current on new methods and information pertaining to domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures
- Provide absolute confidentiality
- Support policies and procedures as prescribed
- Maintain a positive, professional working relationship with Haven House staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, members of the criminal justice system and all other outside agency related contacts
As assigned or requested by the Executive Director:
- Attend staff, board, and other meetings relevant to program services & development
- Attend trainings and conferences
- Assist with the enhancement/development, and implementation of programs
- Complete all other duties as requested or assigned