Are you looking for a full-time position where you can:
make a difference in your community
work in a flexible-diverse environment
& have a competitive compensation package
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska is where you want to be.
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska is seeking a Licensed Mental Health Provider (LMHP) and Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) to provide therapeutic and educational services to individuals, groups and families who are affected by mental health and/or chemical dependency (CD) related symptoms and issues.This individual will facilitate our daytime IOP program.
The essential job duties of this therapist:
- Maintain direct service unit expectations (full-time = 1160 units per year).
- Provider mental health and/or substance abuse and dependency assessments and treatment interventions to individuals, couples and families in order to effect change for growth and healing.
- Develop and professionally facilitate therapeutic groups for mental health/chemically dependent persons.
- Design and deliver educational/therapeutic workshops, classes or programs to meet the identified needs of family members/significant others
- Continuously review and update program participants’ mental health/CD needs for symptoms and behaviors and adjust treatment plan accordingly.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of area mental health and substance abuse treatment and service resources that can augment active CD treatment and provide for pre-discharge aftercare and support service options that may be necessary for clients to maintain sobriety following treatment.
- Assist in the promotion of agency services through community contacts, appropriate related workshops and classes.
- Assume responsibility for building and maintaining a referral base and caseload.
- Maintain documentation of supervision with clinical supervisor/supervising practitioner, when applicable.
- Collect client fees and ensure services have prior authorization.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree in Human Service field from accredited college
- Licensed as a Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP) in the State of Nebraska
- Licensed as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) in the State of Nebraska
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality program interventions and coordination to mental health and chemically dependent clientele
- Valid driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for organization business
- Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services