The Right Turn® program is a collaboration between Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska and the Nebraska Children’s Home Society. It provides 24/7 education and support for adoptive parents and guardians throughout the state of Nebraska.Lutheran Family Services is seeking a full time Program Supervisor to oversee program staff, engage in service planning to meet family goals in conjunction with the Right Turn values and commitments and identify desired outcomes for the program success.
- Utilize assessment tools to focus services toward more effective approaches for adoptive families.
- Work with other Right Turn staff to enhance the six core services currently being offered to families.
- Work with other Right Turn staff to identify gaps and barriers to services for adoptive and guardianship families and identify responsible solutions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the A Step Further program.
- Educate families or designated support persons in current research and best practices in adoption and related topics.
- Respond to families in crisis.
- Provide short-term, focused mental health service to families being served by Right Turn.
- Respond to families who have contacted the Access Line per program procedure, assist the family and begin to connect them to Right Turn services and supports as appropriate.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of educational classes and trainings for adoptive and guardianship parents and professionals working with adoptive and guardianship parents.
- Assist Program Director in researching resources available to adoptive families and distribute the information to staff and families as appropriate.
- Integrate cultural considerations into service delivery.
- On-call responsibilities
Community Education and Marketing
- In cooperation with the Right Turn Program Director and Peer Mentor and Outreach Coordinator, assist with the development and implementation of marketing and promotional activities.
- Work to develop positive working relationships with key persons/ organizations in the community.
- Collaborate with other community professionals working with adoptive families.