This position will be full time from October to February 2020.
The Mental Health Tech is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patient's physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Daily patient transportation
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Posting charges daily and entering census information
- Scheduling patient's therapy and psychiatric appointments
- Answering telephone for program, screen calls, take messages
- Process mail and order program supplies
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of work experience in a psychiatric / chemical dependency facility
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with medical and psychiatric terminology
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive and respectful rapport with patients and families
- Works well in a busy team environment
transportation, driver, counselor, mental health tech, health tech