Are you looking to work in a fun and flexible atmosphere?
Do you want to be apart of a team that expresses love for all people by providing quality human care services that build and strengthen individual, family and community life?
Then Lutheran Family Services is where you want to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska is seeking a Full Time Foster Care Specialists in our Permanency and Well Being program to provide case planning, supervision, skill building, case management and support services to children and families in the LFS' Specialized Foster Care Program.
The essential duties of the Foster Care Specialist will be to:
Provide Direct Service to Foster Care Children
- Share in rotation to provide 24 hour on-call coverage and supervision to foster parents
- Assess, match, coordinate and facilitate placement of children
- Develop treatment plans for children
- Advocate for the child ensuring all physical and emotional needs are met
- Provide supervision, when required, for visits between child and his or her biological family members
- Provide transportation, as needed, to medical and/or dental appointments for children
Provide Direct Service to Foster Parents
- Guide and Instruct foster parents in addressing behavioral or other problems within the home
- Conduct foster parent training following PRIDE model and/or PS-MAPP and monitor ongoing training
- Conduct home studies and initiate and oversee process necessary to license new foster homes
- Coordinate, oversee, and approve respite care for the foster parents
- Support foster parent efforts to carry out the treatment plan and intervention strategies
- Ensure foster parents maintain therapeutic environments and establish appropriate relationships for children in their home
- Conduct assessments of foster families where allegations of neglect or maltreatment of children have occurred
- Participate in planning and presentation of monthly support meetings for foster parents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with lead agencies, service providers, schools and legal parties regarding the status, needs and progress of the children in foster care
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology or other human service area
- 3-5 years experience in the delivery of human service to individuals and families; experience in child welfare
- Knowledge and understanding of attachment, grief and loss, abuse and neglect as it relates to children in foster care
- Knowledge of resources available within the community
- Experience working within a home based, foster care or residential program
- Ability to provide on call emergency intervention to foster families in crisis situations including assessing safety and making immediate recommendations regarding appropriate interventions
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel beyond 50 miles in personal vehicle to attend trainings, supervise foster homes, and maintain face-to-face contact with clients on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis depending on level of care
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and ability to drive for Agency business
- Commitment to the mission of Lutheran Family Services